In line with our proposal to integrate the greater African countries, this proposal shall create an information-gathering initiative to supplement the African teams and ambassadorial initiatives that we seek to incorporate Central, Southern and Northern parts of Africa. This contest invites qualified proponents from the research world to assist us to gather ground intelligence from these inaccessible parts of Africa and thereby enable the Africa SG to design a workable strategy to be the pioneer blockchain for the whole continent and not just part of it.
DURATION: 06-06-2021 to 16-06-2021
VOTING: 04-06-2021 to 05-06-2021
This contest is part of the integration and diaspora integration initiative within Africa SG. Our integration with the countries not well represented in Free TON from the African continent indicates an upcoming blockchain space at its infancy. One example is of the 1st runners-up winner-position in the just concluded ABI Hackathon contest. This project from Cameroon has received many accolades from across the continent yet Free TON penetration in the central Africa region is almost negligible.
Another example is Morocco whose blockchain adoption is high (in African standards) yet not well-entrenched into Free TON. This contest wishes to address the above-mentioned hitch i.e. Free TON penetration, while at the same time support on-chain community projects from these regions. As indicated, ground intelligence has to first be gathered by entities operating from those regions so as to enable Free TON Africa to formulate an effective work plan/ program on integration.
It is in this view that applicants are invited to submit their proposal on offering intelligence reports from the ground under the following requirements and procedures:
- Applicants shall submit a summary of similar previous work completed for competence assessment or any other relevant supporting materials.
- Submit a written proposal to address information gathering on the following:
- Government policies in regards to blockchain interpretation on a country-to-country basis.
- Mobile phone population in these regions.
- Relevant blockchain education of the target population.
- Advantages and limitations of blockchain access per area of interest.
- Internet reach and cost per country.
- Media preferences per region.
- How Free TON can leverage and access these markets per region.
N/B Kenya and Nigeria are excluded from this proposal as they are well represented in Free Ton
Any other relevant information that has been left out from the above list will be an added advantage to the applicant.
- A detailed report of intended teams or existing teams on the ground and their team leaders in the areas of coverage.
- A comprehensive budget in KPI format detailing the theme, tasks, period of exercise, and the costs per KPI.
- A snapshot of Areas of coverage i.e. all countries intended to be covered.
- All members intending to work in this applicant’s project shall be required to be
Free TON members and to have signed the declaration of decentralization within.
- All applicants shall use Google forms to submit their achievements on a periodic basis.
- The recipients of all data collected shall be the Free TON Africa SG initial members and any other party that the IM’s shall decide.
- Strict deadlines shall have to be observed in relation to the deliverables as indicated in the KPI’s submitted. In case of a delay, the applicant shall inform the SG prior to the deadline.
- All norms and protocols of Free TON contests shall be observed.
- The Free TON fraternity shall be the owners of this critical data and as such can share it with internal and external entities on a need-to-know basis.
- The winning applicant shall have a six month window to finish the exercise and submit all the works before the deadline.
- Any rewards shall be disbursed after completion and confirmation of each KPI. However a reasonable deposit not exceeding 15% of total budget can be issued at the beginning of the exercise.
- The Africa SG can query, accept or reject submitted works if they don’t align with the projections of the winning applicants any indicated KPI.
All submissions shall be subjected to the African SG for determination.
The Africa SG voting jury shall be rewarded at a 3% rate of the total budget for the project.
FREE TON WALLET ADDRESS: